You will get the opportunity to develop lifelong skills with the support of world class experts in their field.
Duties will include:
- You will learn a wide range of skills ranging from how to design Microwave/RF systems to beyond 20GHz, model cutting edge antenna designs and develop digital design skills on mixed signal Digital and RF designs. All towards executing high performance signal processing, communications and control for our products
- You will learn how to assess your work in our well-equipped laboratories in order to help develop robust designs that will function reliably in harsh environments to enable decades of use
- You will work closely with engineers across multiple disciplines to solve problems
You will be required to share your time between the workplace and university as part of your job.
We will encourage you to apply your developing academic skills to solve problems, generate ideas and be a part of the development of the next generation of products.
To succeed in this great opportunity, you will consistently show commitment to the successful completion of all your academic work.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (contributory)
- Cycle to work initiative
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around
- Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue, please select Apprentice degree STEM
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
- Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity, you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally, this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Want continuous improvement
- 3 x A levels (grade A-C) (or equivalent)
- Mandatory: mathematics and either Physics or a Technology/Engineering subject
AND Preferred: another STEM subject.
- 5 GCSE grades 9-4 or grades A*-C or equivalent
- Mandatory: English Language, maths and a Science subject Plus 2 subjects
N.B. If the applicant has no ‘A levels’ but has achieved a BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering, we will accept the application, with the caveat around attending the maths bridging course which is: “Based on your existing mathematics qualifications, it may be required that you attend one of our universities maths Bridging Courses, which aims to ease the transition between college and university mathematics. The maths taught in this course does not carry any credit towards your degree. Each application will be considered individually in consultation with our partnering university.”
Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer Degree Apprenticeship:
- Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 young people nationwide
- We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards
- Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the hands of the next generation of engineers
- BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an engineering discipline