This position will be based in our onsite production team. With all first off design, prototypes and ongoing production being done in house the production team is a key part of the business, with frequent interactions with all other departments to achieve high quality and standards.
The successful applicant will be under the supervision of the Production Co-ordinator and Production Manager. Full support from existing members of the production team, including previously served apprentices will always be available.
Deben operates solely from our offices in Woolpit, Suffolk where all Deben UK Ltd employees are based, therefore the candidate will interact with all employees on a regular basis.
- To diligently work towards gaining the stated qualifications through attendance and completing work at College
- Working as part of an established production team in a busy and practical environment, developing hands-on skills in the mechanical and electronic assembly process
- To demonstrate full understanding of Company policies and processes
- Learn how to use mechanical and electronics assembly test and fault-finding techniques
- Develop your applied skills to contribute to the provision of complete build, repair and preventative maintenance solutions for electronic, electrical and mechanical systems
- Communicating with all levels of the business, as required
- Promote good housekeeping for an efficient working environment
- Contribute to the maintenance of Health and safety in the workplace
All apprentices are supported to achieve the training requirements of their apprenticeship provided by the College alongside full training of the needs of the business. We aim to offer full-time employment to any apprenticeship trained employee subject to successful completion, subject to review at the time. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship the career desires of the individual and the opportunities and needs of the business will be assessed to accommodate all parties involved. The company has a long-standing culture of ‘grow your own’ and strongly promotes internal growth and progression where possible. Many existing employees have long standing service and have progressed within the Company. Progression at Deben UK Ltd may be across product ranges or multiple job roles and will be dependent on the individual and the needs of the Business.
This position will be based in our on-site Production area, where possible all members have their own workbenches which can be arranged to meet reasonable requests. Tasks completion can be done seated or standing dependent on the individual’s preference.
All necessary PPE and training will be provided, and the successful candidate will always be supervised until they are appropriately experienced and fully trained.
There will be elements of computer screen use, the appropriate risk assessments will be conducted in line with all current Health and Safety regulations.
The Production Co-ordinator and Production Manager have extensive knowledge and experience and therefore are extremely well positioned to offer training and guidance.
£4.62 per hour, for year one of apprenticeship. To be reviewed after 12 months dependent on candidate age and current Government regulations.
Working week is Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. We operate a flexible working pattern, with core hours of Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm and 9am to 1pm on a Friday. Flexi hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm. All hours and patterns are to be agreed with management in the best interest of the employee, team and Business needs. Lunch break can either be one hour or half an hour dependent on employee.
- Statutory Pension
- Life assurance
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Free car parking
- Onsite kitchen facilities
- Tea and coffee provided
- Two paid daily 15-minute breaks per day
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays per annum (note* 3 days will be retained for Company Christmas shutdown)
- Discretionary annual bonus dependent on Company performance
Travel: The job role does not require the applicant to have a driving license but please note our rural location as transport will be needed to get to and from the workplace. Public transport is very limited. The apprenticeship role available does not require the candidate to complete any additional travel during working hours. If the requirement arose, the Company would make arrangement accordingly.
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to accurately follow written instructions
- Able to communicate effectively with all employees, as required
- Comply with statutory, quality, organisational and health and safety regulations while carrying out manufacturing procedures
- Be willing to contribute to the design and implementation of new or revised manufacturing processes, procedures or ways of working in order to become more efficient and cost effective
- Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings, specifications and computer-generated information
- Experience of using a range of hand tools
- Prior knowledge of engineering language
- Can-do attitude
- Eager to learn
- Reliable and trustworthy
4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) of grade 4/C and above, must include Maths, English and one Science subject is essential.
Engineering Fitter Level 3 Apprenticeship.