National Apprenticeship Service
The role of Electrical –Infrastructure Services Apprentice within BAE Systems Submarines, involves all aspects of domestic and industrial wiring to IEE wiring regulations.
What does the Apprenticeship involve?
As a maintenance electrical apprentice within the Infrastructure Services department you will work on varied equipment, machines and buildings across the full site.
Work will include:
- Planned and reactive maintenance ranging from repairing lighting and socket circuits in office buildings, through to fault finding and repairs on large machines
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and overhead cranes
- Throughout the apprenticeship you will learn how to use various test equipment, including multi-meters, clamp meters etc. to assist with diagnostics on breakdowns
- Work can include assisting on minor projects and working alongside contractors
- You will perform isolations so you can safely undertake work as well as performing isolations for contractors to site
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an Apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work - we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
Five GCSEs Grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English, maths and Science/technical subject.
Training provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards an Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician Level 3.
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.