Electric/Electronic Engineering Level 3 - Engineering Apprenticeship
BUMBLEBEE LIGHTING LIMITED
HIGHBURY COLLEGE PORTSMOUTH
Exciting electronic/electrical career opportunity with Bumblebee Lighting who are a small fast-growing supplier of commercial lighting products whose mission is quality and customer satisfaction.
- The role will involve developing your skills to assemble and connect parts into complex components and undertake emergency conversations of product units, luminaires
- Your key tasks will be to ensure that all parts fit correctly and that final products comply with high quality accreditation
- Assembly and modifications will be carried out in person, by machinery or by outsourcing to third party suppliers to be account managed under your control and supervision. This will involve you in extensive quality control processes
You will gain technical knowledge and will be able to carry out projects to crucially high precision involving manuals, drawings, schematics etc. You will process, source and manage customer orders on Sage from stock control through to despatch and transportation to the end user who could be anywhere in the UK. Ongoing training in the workplace will be delivered combined with theory training and learning that will be delivered at Highbury College, Highbury Campus.
The company are growing, and it is likely that they will expand into international markets, the role will grow with this.
Own transport is essential due to the semi-rural location.
Due to the location of the role, you will need to have your own transport (reliable means of regular attendance is required before applying). This role is commutable from Waterlooville, Fareham, Denmead, Wickham, Swanmore, Bishops Waltham, Eastleigh, Hedgend, Botley, Winchester or Southampton.
- A leaning towards technical and dextrous skills
- Attention to detail
- Strive for a high degree of accuracy
- Manually dextrous
Maths and English GCSE grade 4 or above or the equivalent.
On the job training to enhance skills and knowledge combined with one day per week at Highbury College to study and learn theory of electronic and electrical engineering.
- Consumer Electrical and Electronic Products Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free