Electrical, Mechanical & Instrumentation Advanced Apprenticeship
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
The EM&I teams are a crucial part of our day to day operations as they ensure the equipment used by various departments is working efficiently and is safe to use. This is a multi-skilled role that would suit someone with good mathematical skills and a strong desire to train as a highly skilled technician.
Every day our EM&I (electrical, mechanical and instrumentation) teams are busy testing, maintaining and repairing the many pumps, motors, valves and other types of equipment that keep our treatment works and pipe networks working efficiently. You will be based in one of our three regional EM&I teams across the Wessex Water region.
During your apprenticeship you will gain knowledge and experience in all aspects of the water industry on a rotation around the business groups. Time is spent in supply and wastewater treatment, networks and statutory EM&I functions. You will learn about electrical, mechanical and instrumentation control and automation.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out planned and emergency fault diagnosis
- Maintenance and testing on mechanical/electrical equipment and circuits
- Modifying or rewiring electrical circuits
- Restoring and repairing mechanical components and assisting in the installation of mechanical/electrical/electronic equipment
- Carrying out quality inspections
- For the best candidates this training can extend to HNC/HND and then on to a degree for those candidates who display aptitude
- This could lead to an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) qualification
- Starting salary from: £10,701
- Earn circa £24,000 upon completion of apprenticeship
- Experience of practical engineering at school or at home
- Good computer literacy
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a small team
- 5x GCSEs including maths, English and science grade C/4 or above
- A-level maths and/or physics is an advantage for this apprenticeship
- Programme approved by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Functional Skills in maths and English if not previously attained
- EngTech professional status
- Level 3 diploma in engineering
- Level 3 extended diploma in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Level 2 performing engineering operations
- Day release at Weston College
- Three days per week residential course
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.