You will receive the highest quality of training while working in a real industry environment in which to apply your growing skills. This will be geared towards building the specialised skills you’ll need to help Centrax compete against our global competitors.
With the company engaged in every stage of the product journey from design to after-sales care, you’ll experience a wide range of engineering and business activities. Also, there will be opportunities to travel, since we carry out on-site work for clients in many locations.
Duties in the first year will include:
- Fabrication (welding)
- Turbine refurbish shop (disassembling and rebuilding turbines)
- Panel shop (building control panels)
- Electrical fitters (assisting on the shop floor set build)
- Mechanical fitters (assisting on the shop floor set build)
- Engine test (fitting and removing of turbines after rebuilding)
- Learning workshop etiquette/behaviours and health and safety.
- Developing hand skills
After successful completion of the first year you can expect the new three years to look as below:
- Level 3 section of the advanced engineering framework
- Shop floor skill development
- Product familiarisation
- Service opportunities in Europe
- Level 3 section of advanced engineering framework continues
- Shop floor development and trade rotation
- More service opportunities
- Advanced rotation of other departments
- Quality and test
- Post year 4 options
We take great pride in our apprenticeship programme and value our apprentices. Our staff are committed to our company aims and get rewarded with a long-term career path.
Many of our apprentices are offered the opportunity to study further after their apprenticeship. There are numerous opportunities within the company to progress.
While we will deliver the excellent training, you need to become a skilled engineer; we require you to have following skills:
- Excellent communicator written and verbal
- Manual Dexterity
- Existing knowledge of basic mechanical engineering or a significant interest in this area
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good working knowledge of mathematics
For the chance of a place on one of our apprenticeship programmes, you’ll need to be an enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine interest in engineering. We’re looking for people who can demonstrate good team working skills and the motivation to develop the knowledge needed in this demanding industry. You must be prepared to learn the skills which are crucial to the continued success of Centrax and keen to build a career in the power generation industry.
You are required to have at least 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science.
BTEC, A/AS Level students and college students working towards NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualifications are also welcome to apply.
- Level 2 Engineering Operative - 12 months
- Level 3 Engineering Technician (Electrical Maintenance) - 36 months