This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join us an apprentice to be trained as a skilled electrical/electronic technician.
The role will require the individual to participate in various areas of practical and theoretical electrical and electronic engineering training; combined with company specific training given in the workplace.
This will include completion of a Level 3 technical certificate, leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
Daily Duties include:
- Assembly of wiring
- Test of a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment
- Using a range of power and hand tools, together with test and measuring instruments.
- Candidates will learn and be expected to apply safe working practices for the manufacture, repair and test of equipment
Candidates will gain solid foundation within a professional team environment and have opportunity to learn from professional and friendly individuals, both at College and in the workplace.
To become a permanent member to the team.
Always consider working and training locations, your primary working base will be Whetstone in Leicester and your training will be provided at Loughborough College.
Please research travelling to both locations before applying.
- A team player - an individual who thrives on working in a team environment.
- Problem solver
- Good communication
- Keen interest in electrical, manufacturing, engineering
- Reliable and good time keeping
- Eager to learn
- Passion for hands-on engineering
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade 4/C or above including English and Science, and maths at Grade 5 (B) or above.
Any link to design technology or CAD experience would be looked upon favourably. Whilst academic ability plays a part, we care as much about your attitude and desire to be part of our future at Cavendish Nuclear and we want to see evidence that you're genuinely interested in and enthusiastic about developing a career in CAD design.
- You will enrol onto Engineering Technician Apprenticeship standard and you will gain the following qualifications:
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician
- L3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- L2 Award for Foundation Competence
- L2 Functional Skills maths/English (if required)