As a qualified electrician, you could install, test and repair the electrical circuits and wiring found in homes and businesses.
Your work might range from fitting a bathroom shower circuit in a customer’s home to installing hi-tech IT equipment cabling in a major new hospital or office development.
Working with a high degree of responsibility.
Your duties would typically include:
- Working from plans and specifications
- Installing circuits and wiring systems throughout buildings
- Connecting wiring to fuse boxes, sockets, switches, light fittings and appliances
- Installing fire alarms and security systems like CCTV
- Inspecting and testing wiring systems and equipment
- Fixing faults highlighted by inspections
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business.
You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision, please download the JTL Colour Vision Certificate from your JTL account, take it to your local optician and ask them to carry out the test and complete the form for you. Please then send in to the address on the form before the closing date.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good practical skills to work with hand and power tools
- The ability to follow technical drawings and instructions
- A methodical approach to work
- An ability to pay close attention to detail
- A commitment to keep up to date with industry developments
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- A thorough understanding of safety rules and regulations
The work is quite complex.
- You need to be able to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Have good practical aptitude and be willing to learn
All candidates must complete the JTL Entry Assessment
- NVQ Diploma at Level 3 Installation electrician / maintenance electrician
- Functional Skills at Level 2
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Any industry specific requirement