- The successful candidate will be installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems.
Duties will include:
- Working indoors and outdoors and sometimes working at height
- Develop good working relationships with people
- Reading building and engineering drawings as well as wiring and circuit diagrams
- Select (within limits) materials and equipment
- Writing reports
- Inspecting and testing electrical installations and diagnosing and rectifying faults on a range of circuits and equipment
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business.
You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of your CV to your JTL profile in addition to following the application instructions to complete your application for this vacancy.
Due to site security restrictions and the nature of the work this role is only available to candidates aged 18 and above at the time of start.
Candidates will ideally live within a 10-mile radius of the vacancy location. The work will be throughout the UK but based around the vacancy location. You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision, please download the JTL Colour Vision Certificate http://www.jtltraining.com and take to your local optician and ask them to carry out the test and complete the form for you.
Please then send into the address on the form before the closing date
- Good practical skills to work with hand and power tools
- The ability to follow technical drawings and instructions
- A methodical approach to work
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Commitment to keep up to date with industry developments
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- A thorough understanding of safety rules and regulations
- Willingness to learn
- Good practical aptitude
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the work
- All candidates must complete the JTL Entry Assessment
- GCSE or equivalents at grade 4/9 (C and above) English (Language) maths Science
Installation electrician / maintenance electrician Level 3 Candidates will be required to achieve the Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification, (Installation) or (Maintenance).
Apprentices without level 2 English and mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their apprenticeship.