What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a great opportunity to begin your electrical engineering career. The successful candidate will be an Electrical Fitter Apprentice. Your career could begin here with Kolbus Autobox based in Houghton Regis in Dunstable. Kolbus have led the way in box making machinery for decades.
Working as part of the electrical engineering team this role is an integral part of the production process, ensuring the machine, associated panels and enclosure wiring is complete to customer specifications and to the required technical standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- assembly, fitting and wiring of components to complete electrical panels that are then assembled as complete box making machinery
- Testing and programming machinery
- Assisting with project work
- Supporting internal and external customer
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Level 3 EAL Level 2
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing EAL Level 2 Award for
- Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Mechatronics
- Maintenance Technician Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Being offered a full time position within the business as a skilled Electrical Fitter. Possible progression to Team Leader with further training on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Reality CheckCandidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the Bedford College Group). Your work space is a warm, dry and a safe environment, but you will be standing for most of your working day. The salary will be reviewed after 6 months.
Skills Requiredhardworking, team player, Attention to detail, Good communicator
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4 (A* to C)) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* to C)) Desired