What will the apprentice be doing?
- Wiring of machinery using schematics and electrical diagrams.
- Use of electrical testing equipment.
- Power connection to machinery and general plant maintenance.
- Start-up and de-bug of machinery including troubleshooting.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues and customers in a professional manner, identifying and resolving issues.
- Provide feedback of any problems to the Electrical Lead.
- Work on their own initiative and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and participate fully in the health & safety arrangements of the company.
- Work in an ethical and professional manner at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will be working towards the Engineering Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
- Qualifications include; Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence), Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician and Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
- College attendance will be at the Colchester Institute - Colchester Campus 2 days per week for the first year and 1 day per week in the years thereafter.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Due to our continued success and growth within other countries and market sectors, we are looking to proactively expand and develop our business for future growth. The position may lead to the candidate reaching a supervisory level on the electrical side of the business or the opportunity of moving into the electrical design side of the business.
Reality CheckThe work will be primarily based at the site in Ardleigh, Essex, and it is essential that the candidate has the ability to get to and from work on time. There will be instances further down the career path where the apprentice will be expected to work on customers’ sites for periods of time. Work is typically carried out inside.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English, maths and science (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential