As an apprentice electrical fitter you will be taught how to use electrical engineering drawings and specifications to strip, rebuild, test and maintain a wide range of electrical equipment and machinery.
You will be shown how to:
- Install, connect and assist in the commission of complex electrical circuits and then apply this knowledge in our workshops and on projects across the Babcock site such as Warships and Nuclear Submarines
- You will also help to maintain the vast network of cables and machinery that make up the company infrastructure and are essential to the daily running of the site
- You will be shown how to carry out these tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Alongside this training you will study for the Technical Certificate that will make up your Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
We hope to offer full employment on completion of the apprenticeship to the successful candidates.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate clear potential to continuously grow and develop their skills, and who can match this with the drive and dedication needed to become a success in the beginning stages of their career. We want to meet with people who can demonstrate a strong aptitude for and interest in technical-based subject matter.
Other specific areas of competency we require you to demonstrate are as follows:
- Qualified to the standard specified above depending on your chosen apprenticeship
- Robust work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for personal, academic and vocational development
- Safety conscious and show high levels of reliability, punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team and build strong relationships with co-workers
To apply you will need the following qualifications:
Minimum either achieved or predicted GCSE Grade C or 4 (or equivalents) in English, maths and science.
- Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.