Appris are very proud to be working with Powell UK to deliver this Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering. Over your 4-year programme, you will be trained on-site by skilled engineers who will train you in job specific skills in electrical engineering.
You will cover a range of competencies to manufacture products such as:
- Control gear
- Motor control and power automation
Off-the-job requirements at Appris in Bradford will ensure you receive the best training away from your workplace.
Successful applicants can look forward to the possibility of a full-time position, post-apprenticeship. Further training and job specific development is also a possibility.
Please ensure you can arrange suitable transport for the start and finish times of the job. This role also includes off-the-job training at Appris in Bradford, so please make allowances for the travel. Please note: if you are unsuccessful, Appris will offer you the possibility for your application to be used for similar roles with its member companies.
- A methodical and practical approach to learning, encompassed with a desire to succeed academically will ensure that this apprenticeship is fulfilling, rewarding and achievable
- Any additional engineering skills or qualifications will be desirable
- The ability to be genuine, sincere and take responsibility for actions
- Build trust by being consistent, open and honest
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management
- Exercise due diligence and care on moral, financial and legal considerations
- A genuine interest in Engineering
- Hard working
- Good attendance keeping
- Good attention to detail
- A good logical mind
- Open to new ideas and new ways of improving
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach to learning
- 5 GCSEs at C / 4 grade and above / or equivalent grades including maths, English, science and design technology (pre-requisites for college courses)
- Additional engineering qualifications, such as Level 2 or 3 Engineering will be welcomed
You will study and be mentored in the workplace and at Appris, Bradford to become a fully-skilled Engineering Fitter
See programme content below:
Year One - 1 day per week, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Electrical Foundation Competence Units)
Year Two and Three - Day release, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Electrical Development Knowledge Units)
Year One to Four - Work Based Learning at Powell (Training, Support, Mentoring and Assessment):
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
You will be also be supported in preparation for your End Point Assessment (EPA) with an independent external body.