Electrical Engineering Apprentice (Engineering Fitter) - Advanced (Level 3)
POWELL (UK) LIMITED
APPRIS CHARITY LIMITED
Appris are very proud to be working with Powell UK to deliver this Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering. Over your 4-year programme, you will be trained on-site by skilled engineers who will train you in job specific skills in electrical engineering.
You will cover a range of competencies to manufacture products such as:
- Control gear
- Motor control and power automation
Off-the-job requirements at Appris in Bradford will ensure you receive the best training away from your workplace.
Successful applicants can look forward to the possibility of a full-time position, post-apprenticeship. Further training and job specific development is also a possibility.
Please ensure you can arrange suitable transport for the start and finish times of the job. This role also includes off-the-job training at Appris in Bradford, so please make allowances for the travel. Please note: if you are unsuccessful, Appris will offer you the possibility for your application to be used for similar roles with its member companies.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A methodical and practical approach to learning, encompassed with a desire to succeed academically will ensure that this apprenticeship is fulfilling, rewarding and achievable
- Any additional engineering skills or qualifications will be desirable
- The ability to be genuine, sincere and take responsibility for actions
- Build trust by being consistent, open and honest
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management
- Exercise due diligence and care on moral, financial and legal considerations
- A genuine interest in Engineering
- Hard working
- Good attendance keeping
- Good attention to detail
- A good logical mind
- Open to new ideas and new ways of improving
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach to learning
- 5 GCSEs at C / 4 grade and above / or equivalent grades including maths, English, science and design technology (pre-requisites for college courses)
- Additional engineering qualifications, such as Level 2 or 3 Engineering will be welcomed
You will study and be mentored in the workplace and at Appris, Bradford to become a fully-skilled Engineering Fitter
See programme content below:
Year One - 5 days per week, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Electrical Competence Units)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Electrical Technical Knowledge Units)
Year Two & Three - Day release, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- BTCE Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
PLEASE NOTE: This HNC programme is to be discussed and dependant on performance in year one and the company's requirements for subsequent years.
Year One to Four - Work Based Learning at Powell (Training, Support, Mentoring & Assessment)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
You will be also be supported in preparation for your End Point Assessment (EPA) with an independent external body.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.