Electrical Engineering Apprentice (Engineering Fitter)
POWELL (UK) LIMITED
APPRIS CHARITY LIMITED
Appris are very proud to be working with Powell UK to deliver this Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering. Over your 4-year programme, you will be trained on-site by skilled engineers who will train you in job specific skills in electrical engineering.
You will cover a range of competencies to manufacture products such as:
- Control gear
- Motor control and power automation
Off-the-job requirements at Appris in Bradford will ensure you receive the best training away from your workplace.
Successful applicants can look forward to the possibility of a full-time position, post-apprenticeship. Further training and job specific development is also a possibility.
Please ensure you can arrange suitable transport for the start and finish times of the job. This role also includes off-the-job training at Appris in Bradford, so please make allowances for the travel. Please note: if you are unsuccessful, Appris will offer you the possibility for your application to be used for similar roles with its member companies.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A methodical and practical approach to learning, encompassed with a desire to succeed academically will ensure that this apprenticeship is fulfilling, rewarding and achievable
- Any additional engineering skills or qualifications will be desirable
- The ability to be genuine, sincere and take responsibility for actions
- Build trust by being consistent, open and honest
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management
- Exercise due diligence and care on moral, financial and legal considerations
- A genuine interest in Engineering
- Hard working
- Good attendance keeping
- Good attention to detail
- A good logical mind
- Open to new ideas and new ways of improving
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach to learning
- 5 GCSEs at C / 4 grade and above / or equivalent grades including maths, English, science and design technology (pre-requisites for college courses)
- Additional engineering qualifications, such as Level 2 or 3 Engineering will be welcomed
You will study and be mentored in the workplace and at Appris, Bradford to become a fully-skilled Engineering Fitter
See programme content below:
Year One - 5 days per week, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Electrical Competence Units)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Electrical Technical Knowledge Units)
Year Two & Three - Day release, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- BTCE Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
PLEASE NOTE: This HNC programme is to be discussed and dependant on performance in year one and the company's requirements for subsequent years.
Year One to Four - Work Based Learning at Powell (Training, Support, Mentoring & Assessment)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
You will be also be supported in preparation for your End Point Assessment (EPA) with an independent external body.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.