The successful candidate will be installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems. Duties will include:
- Working indoors and outdoors and sometimes working at height
- Develop good working relationships with people
- Reading building and engineering drawings as well as wiring and circuit diagrams
- Select (within limits) materials and equipment
- Writing reports
- Inspecting and testing electrical installations and diagnosing and rectifying faults on a range of circuits and equipment
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business.
You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of your CV to your JTL profile in addition to following the application instructions to complete your application for this vacancy.
If you are statemented as dyslexic or have any other official statement of additional learning needs and require additional support at the JTL Assessment, please contact our Customer Service Team immediately on 01978 665401.
You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision, please download the JTL Colour Vision Certificate http://www.jtltraining.com and take to your local optician and ask them to carry out the test and complete the form for you. Please then send into the address on the form before the closing date.
- Good practical skills to work with hand and power tools
- The ability to follow technical drawings and instructions
- A methodical approach to work
- An ability to pay close attention to detail
- A commitment to keep up to date with industry developments
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- A thorough understanding of safety rules and regulations
- Willingness to learn
- Good practical aptitude
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the work
All candidates must complete the JTL Entry Assessment.
Installation Electrician / Maintenance Electrician apprenticeship standard.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Level 2 Functional Skills (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Any industry specific requirement