Typically the type of work Electrical Design Apprentices will be involved in will include:
- Assisting in the production of scoping calculations and supporting analysis
- Design based documentation
- Technical reports for customers or specific projects
As part of the apprenticeship, individuals will spend time undertaking placements across a range of business areas.
To become a permanent member of the team.
Always consider working and training locations. Your primary working base will be Radar Road in Leicester and your training will be provided at Loughborough College. Please research travelling to both locations before applying.
- Keen interest in design and engineering
- Problem solver
- Eager to learn
- Good communication
- A team player - an individual who thrives on working in a team environment.
- Reliable and good time keeping
- Eager to learn
- Passion for engineering
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and Science, and Maths at Grade 5 (B) or above.
Any link to design technology or CAD experience would be looked upon favourably. Whilst academic ability plays a part, we care as much about your attitude and desire to be part of our future at Cavendish Nuclear and we want to see evidence that you're genuinely interested in and enthusiastic about developing a career in CAD design.
You will enrol onto the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship standard and you will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Competence
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths/English (if required)