Electrical CAD Designer Apprenticeship
CAVENDISH NUCLEAR LIMITED
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
The role will require the individual to participate in various areas of practical and theoretical training combined with the company specific training given in the workplace. Candidates will gain a solid foundation within a professional design office and have the opportunity to learn from professional and friendly individuals. The training will include practical training as well as the completion of a technical certificate leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
Typically the type of work Design Apprentices will be involved in will include;
- Assisting in the production of scoping calculations and supporting analysis
- Assisting in the production of models and drawings
- Assisting in the production of design based documentation and technical reports for customers or specific projects
- Undertaking placements across a range of business areas as part of the apprenticeship
As part of the apprenticeship, individuals will spend time undertaking placements across a range of business areas. Typically towards years 3 or 4, an individual will show a particular interest for a business area and dependent upon their performance and application of learning as well as opportunity, the individual may be offered a permanent position in their preferred function or team.
Progression within the company available on completion of the apprenticeship training.
- Can show initiative
- Able to take direction
- Can pay close attention to detail
- Any link to design technology or CAD experience would be looked upon favourably
- A team player - an individual who thrives on working in a team environment
- Reliable and good time keeping
- Eager to learn
- Passion for engineering
- Commitment to the apprenticeship programme and the company
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and science, and maths at Grade B/5 or above (or equivalent)
Whilst academic ability plays a part, we care as much about your attitude and desire to be part of our future at Cavendish Nuclear and we want to see evidence that you're genuinely interested in and enthusiastic about developing a career in CAD design.
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.