The successful candidate will be working on Electrical installation, maintenance and reactive works in commercial properties across a variety of projects and sites in the Midlands
You will be assisting Electrical Installation Engineers across the full range of their duties
You should be a strong and pro-active Team Player who is able to prioritise workloads and communicate effectively.
The ideal candidate will enjoy problem solving and have a keen eye for detail.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Completing assigned tasks under the supervision of a qualified electrician
- Identifying, analysing, troubleshooting, and assisting with electrical works
- Interpreting diagrams
- Completing installations and maintenance tasks
- Adhering to health and safety restrictions whilst performing tasks
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business.
You must ensure you fully complete your JTL profile in addition to following the application instructions to complete your application for this vacancy.
- Good practical skills to work with hand and power tools
- The ability to follow technical drawings and instructions
- A methodical approach to work
- An ability to pay close attention to detail
- A commitment to keep up to date with industry developments
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- A thorough understanding of safety rules and regulations
- Willingness to learn
- Good practical aptitude
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the work
All candidates must complete the JTL Entry Assessment
Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Services
- Dedicated training at college or training centre
- On-site, work-based assessments
- AM2S assessment of competence
- Functional Skills if required: Level 2 English and Level 2 maths