As an Electrical Apprentice you will assist our Electrical Team with;
- Solar PV installations
- Running various cable types
- Installing various containment
- Terminating SWA cabling
- Installing sub main consumer units
- Assisting with testing and certificating installations
- Also includes installing mechanical wiring for heat pumps and Installations of EV charger.
Future ProspectsGreatly supported whilst qualifying, Junior engineer and senior engineer roles available to develop into within the company. Salary increases and bonus incentives, company vehicle once 21 years of age and on completion of apprenticeship.
Reality CheckDue to the nature of electrical work this role will involve traveling to various sites across the South of England. The salary range is £9,000-£15,000
- IT Literate
- Effective communication skills
- Good dexterity
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude
- The ability to work supervised or unsupervised in time
4 GCSEs A*-C/9-4 to include maths and English or equivalent.
During your apprenticeship you will cover the following your time at college as well as on the job;
- Understand and apply health & safety and environmental considerations.
- Electrical scientific principles & technologies.
- Understand design and installation practices and procedures.
- Understand how to plan and oversee electrical work activities.
- Organise and oversee electrical work environment.
- Understand terminations and connections of conductors.
- Terminate and connect conductors.
- Apply design and installations practices and procedures.
- Apply practices and procedures for maintenance.
- Understand inspection, testing and commissioning.
- Inspect, test and commission electrical systems.
- Understand and apply fault diagnosis rectification.
- Understand the requirements for electrical installations BS7671:2018.