This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive company as an electrical apprentice. You will be working towards your Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship.
Your duties will include;
- Assisting the electricians to complete repairs
- Installations and scheduled inspections to the highest standards
- You will also be required to maintain any tools and ensure that you are working to our strict health & Safety levels
- You will be required to attend a college course one day a week to gain your Electrical technical qualifications and functional skills as required
- As part of the Apprenticeship you will also complete a portfolio of work to demonstrate that you have gained the knowledge to the required level
- You will also be required to carry out any other duties relating to the business
On satisfactory completion of your training you will be offered a full time position with the Company. The work is varied and will provide the apprentice with an interesting variation of work, in different working environments.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The candidate applying for the apprenticeship position should be:
- IT Literate
- Effective communication skills
- Good aptitude for maths
- Good problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised
Apprentices will have maths and English GCSEs A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
- Level 3 Installation electrician / maintenance electrician apprenticeship standard
You will attend Carshalton College for your off the job training. This will include:
- Understand and apply health & safety and environmental considerations.
- Electrical scientific principles & technologies.
- Understand design and installation practices and procedures.
- Understand how to plan and oversee electrical work activities.
- Organise and oversee electrical work environment.
- Understand terminations and connections of conductors.
- Terminate and connect conductors.
- Apply design and installations practices and procedures.
- Apply practices and procedures for maintenance.
- Understand inspection, testing and commissioning.
- Inspect, test and commission electrical systems.
- Understand and apply fault diagnosis rectification.
- Understand the requirements for electrical installations BS7671:2018.