Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Siemens PLCs, whilst working on a range of projects and making short presentations on your progress
- Ensure that the working area is safe for both self and colleagues at all times in order to comply with H&S standards. Use PPE as supplied, report any dangerous occurrences, accidents or potential hazards immediately
- Complete all necessary college work on time and to the correct standard
At the end of the apprenticeship Egger would hope to provide but cannot guarantee an ongoing position.
Egger actively recruits from the local area.
- Basic standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interest in Electrical principles and practice
- For all our apprenticeships, we are looking for self-motivated learners with excellent interpersonal skills as you will be working with a range of departments
Good standard of secondary education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English, a science and a Technology or Engineering subject would also be advantageous.
You will spend your first year completing off site training to achieve a Foundation Competence Qualification. Followed by 3 years on site where you will complete the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician (MOET) Standard supported by day release spent at Seta in Washington.