Electrical Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Some of your main responsibilities will including supporting the maintenance electrician with the completion of maintenance duties, adhering to maintenance plans, responding to emergency maintenance work and ensuring that all relevant documentation is up to date.
A Technician will apply their knowledge of plant and systems to safely perform maintenance and operational activities with minimum supervision. This will require them to:
- Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
- Locate, and rectify faults on plant and equipment
- Communicate with and provide information to stakeholders in line with personal role and responsibilities
- Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
- Prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after the completion of the work related activities
- Inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
- Assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
- Communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
Ideally at the end of the program you will have sufficient skills, knowledge and competence to take up a role in a full time function
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- We are looking for ambitious, proud and collaborative individuals who have a willingness to learn, explore and discover all aspects of being an Electrical Apprentice and the company
- You will need to be resilient, able to deal with problems and work well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- IT skills
Applicants need to be enthusiastic, well organised, self - motivated, and punctual. You will be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A passion for safety
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Creativity and imagination
- Organisational ability
- Drive and ambition to succeed
5 x GCSEs A*-C (9-4) or equivalent, including maths, English and a science; or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Maintenance and operations engineering technician L3
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.