What will the apprentice be doing?
Thurstable School have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join our EducTech team. Your key responsibilities will be to assist with the ICT helpdesk dealing with customers to resolve any issues and proving general ICT Support. You will also have the opportunity to assist with basic fault finding and repair and to assist with the maintenance of hardware and software. You will be required to work with different groups of people including, Teachers, Support Staff, Students and other stakeholders to support these aspects of the organisation.
Whilst studying for your qualification you will gain a wide variety of practical experience within the school. You will also have the opportunity to complete additional training and development. You must be willing to learn, able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Duties to include:
- To maintain network rooms and make sure they are ready for use at the start of each day.
- Make sure computer equipment is clean and in working order.
- Responsible for the changing of passwords on both Network and Google accounts for staff & students.
- Responsible for printer maintenance across the school and management of paper deliveries to each block.
- To assist with hardware and software installations across the school.
- To assist with creation of staff and student accounts.
Responsible for 3rd line support for both classroom call outs and Edutech helpdesk.
- Responsible for checking incoming tickets and completing tasks where applicable & escalating when required.
- Responsible for cover lesson setup and support.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will be working towards the Information Communications Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We hope that candidates could go on to secure ICT roles either within our school, or that this will give people the foundation to secure an ICT role within a larger organisation.
Reality CheckAs part of this role there is; employee assistant programme, free parking, On-site canteen and a pension scheme.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including maths and English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT/Computing (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Equivalent) Desired