As an Editorial Apprentice, you can expect to gain substantial experience in the development of resources for our online platform, Aptio Learn. Please note that this role is heavily focused on coordinating and briefing the teachers who are creating the content. You will also be required to proofread, check that content matches the brief, test and upload videos and questions.
This is an ideal start in publishing with excellent career development potential and opportunities to learn editorial, content creation, project management and production.
- Providing editorial support to the team
- Tracking and logging video creation, is returned on time, to brief
- Quality checking the sound and picture resolution of videos
- Making any changes to the videos, as required
- Using Powerpoint to add Intros and Outros to the videos
- Being responsible for the testing and upload of new content to the platform
- Tagging the videos to the host platform
- Organising videos into the correct area of the Aptio website
- Organise and add other content such as PDF files to the platform and question bank
- Tracking, logging and clearing permissions for text extracts, when needed
- Issuing agreements and managing the freelance(teacher) database
- Proofreading an array of educational materials for spelling, grammar, and mathematical errors
- Working independently on a project whilst also communicating efficiently with other team members
- Briefing in-house designers and developers
Level 4 Project Manager
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of working with digital design programmes
- Excellent communications skills, written and spoken
- Organised with the ability to manage several workstreams
- Excellent attention to detail
You’ll need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in maths and English.
Level 3 Publishing Assistant