What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will involve:
- Assist in delivering learning opportunities that meet children's individual needs, in a safe and stimulating environment
- Assist the team to plan, prepare and review activities
- Working in partnership with our parents
- Communicate and work cooperatively with the team
- Following all the policies and procedures set out by Young Sussex
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 in Early Years will be achieved at the end of the apprenticeship.
The training is online and in addition to this assessors will come to the setting to support and observe you frequently.
You will be required to work full time and 20% of your time is allocated to off-the-job training.
First Aid and Safeguarding training will also be undertaken as a part of this qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified as an Early Years Nursery Practitioner then qualified positions will be available to apply for within our business which includes:
- Increased responsibilities for example being counted within staff to child ratios and having a group of key children
- Higher pay rate
Reality CheckWorking with children within the Early Years sector is both rewarding and challenging. You will act as a role model and we expect you to provide the highest quality of care for all children. All of our employees will help to guide and teach you, and in turn, we will expect you to behave professionally and positively both inside the nursery and out.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4 to 9 (A-C)) Desired