What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the managers and other staff in the daily running of the nursery.
- To help plan, organise, supervise and carry out activities, taking into account the ages and abilities of the children.
- To make parents feel at ease and welcome in the nursery
- To ensure that there is no discrimination in the nursery due to disability, race or religion.
- To be aware of the fire evacuation procedure and fire exits.
- To comply with health and safety rules within the nursery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship is a job with training which enables you
to earn while you learn. The apprentice standard consists of core knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the job role.
- The apprentice will spend 20% of their time in off the job training during paid working hours
- Functional Skills, maths and English, are an integral to
completion of the apprenticeship.
- Along with the apprenticeship standard, the apprentice will
also achieve a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner diploma.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent Position to the right candidate
Reality CheckCandidate must complete and obtain a successful DBS check
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience, Willingness to learn
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or Equivalent) Desired