To work alongside your mentor learning all aspects of becoming a nursery nurse, eventually having key children and progressing them through the EYFS.
You will have opportunity to work with all age ranges during your training here.
The position will begin in either the 0-2 baby room or 2-3 toddler room.
You will be mentored by a member of staff in the room, supporting you through the apprenticeship.
Daily routines and activities:
- You will be responsible for the care of the children in your room, learning to provide appropriate daily activities to stimulate and develop the children's learning
- You will assist in mealtimes and snack times with the children and also be responsible for keeping the rooms clean and tidy.
- You will eventually liaise with parents on dropping off/collecting their child
We would hope that this would lead to permanent employment when the apprentice is fully qualified.
- Work on own initiative
- Has some computer knowledge as recording is online
- The ideal candidate will be keen to learn and able to follow instruction from other team members
- Passionate about working with children
- A good standard of English & maths is required
Early Years Practitioner level 2 standard:
- Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples’ Workforce Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths Level 1 (if required)
- Functional Skills in English Level 1 (if required)
- End point assessment is required to achieve the apprenticeship
- College attendance is required 1 day per month