At Egg Day Nursery, you will be working towards an Early Years Practitioner L2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months!
Egg Childcare is a small family business started by Anthony & Briony White in 2010. Our first nursery opened in Sutton, Scotney in a converted chapel and was rated outstanding by Ofsted in 2014. Our second nursery opened in Andover in 2016 in a brand new, purpose built, contemporary building. We have an excellent local reputation and 95% of our parents have come to us due to personal recommendations.
We value hard working, positive people who want to help us to provide the highest standards of Care & Early Years Education. We are proud of our record of developing our staff and promoting internally.
Egg Day Nursery is committed to delivering the highest standards of childcare and Early Years Education. It is our aim to help children become successful learners and confident individuals, through learning opportunities that are responsive to the needs and abilities of each and every child, and will be provided for them in a safe, caring environment, in partnership with their parents and their community.
Duties will include:
- Adhering to all company policies & procedures
- Promote equal opportunities throughout the nursery
- Liaise with the local authority and other professionals associated with the nursery
- Work alongside parents/carers of children with special needs to achieve full integration within the nursery and support & include children with special needs in all areas of care and development
- Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members
- Support all staff and promote a happy staff team
- Take all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the safety & wellbeing of all who use the premises
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times, including company business and any information regarding children or parents
- At all times abide by the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and guidelines as laid down by OFSTED and the local authority
- Interact with children positively at all times, encouraging appropriate behaviour, social skills and hygiene routines
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the nursery i.e. general cleaning and laundry duties when required
- Attend and participate during regular parents' evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours
- Undertake and participate in a wide variety of training programmes, attend and participate in personal development programmes and appraisals
- Remain flexible with regard to cover within the nursery, especially during busy periods and contribute as a team member
- Lead by example and act as a role model to all, students, and volunteers
- Complete all qualification assignments & observations for either a level 2 certificate or level 3 diploma as detailed by your training assessor
Main Responsibilities are based around assisting staff to care and educate children at the setting. This could include:
- Support children with their toileting needs
- Providing social interaction at mealtimes
- Helping children to feed themselves
- Setting up the classroom to do an activity
- Cleaning the classroom and communal areas ready for the children
- Completing planned activities to support children learning
- Preparing resources
- Supervising children on local outings such as walks
- Keeping children safe and free from harm
- Safeguarding children
- To move into a full-time position as an Early Years Practitioner
Due to the location of the setting, and the opening hours of the nursery, the right candidate will need to be able to be in walking distance or able to drive as public transport isn't available when starting for 7.30am. Hours: Our nurseries are open from 7.30am to 6.20pm from Monday to Friday and you will be expected to be available for work during those times.
You will be required to attend training/staff meetings/parent's evenings after 6.20pm and on the occasional Saturday (usually no more than 2 a year).
Holidays/Benefits: 28 days holiday including all bank holidays for full-time staff and pro rata for part time staff. Additional holiday is gifted in line with long service along with a "birthday day off" and gift after 1 years' service.
All qualifying staff will be enrolled into a pension scheme and Benefits package including wellbeing services, discounts, vouchers.
We have a summer & Christmas staff party/outing.
Discount is available off the usual nursery fees for staff children.
A Salary Sacrifice scheme & Edenred childcare vouchers are also available along with 50% discount on childcare.
Ongoing training both in house and via an online provider including CPD accredited training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage is updated every April. For the guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Some experience of working or volunteering with young children
- You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship!
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Level 2 Qualifications in maths & English
- Previous employment experience
- IT skills
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Functional skills in maths, English & IT