Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- Work (under supervision) with children in the setting, providing all aspects of care and supporting learning opportunities
- Use communication and knowledge of child development to engage with children and support those who may require additional support
- Uphold standards within the setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Ensure setting is a safe environment for children, staff and others
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisations safeguarding code of conduct
- To ensure setting is a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children’s differing cultures and religious background and stages of development
- Developing partnerships with parents and carers to increase involvement in their child’s development
- Complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating, educational environment, both indoors and outdoors at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play-based EYFS curriculum that enables children to make individual progress by planning for individual children
- To help ensure the pre-school meets OFSTED requirements at all times
- Be a named key person for a small group of children
- To understand and work with pre-school policies and procedures including safeguarding and accidents and injuries and emergencies
Working days are Monday to Friday - TERM TIME ONLY (38 weeks of the year)
- Career progression opportunities available for the right candidate.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Able to adapt following childs interests
- Passes in GCSE English and maths is essential.
Training ProvidedParagon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 3 Early Years Educator.