- Ensure the welfare and safety of children is promoted and report safeguarding issues and concerns to the person in charge
- Support the planning and delivery of purposeful play activities in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Work with parents, colleagues and other agencies to ensure children’s individual needs are met
- Support the children to understand healthy life choices through engaging play activities
- Take an active role in seeking out Continuous Professional Development opportunities during the apprentices programme and beyond
- Use communication and knowledge of child development to engage with children and support those requiring additional support
- Support children who are experiencing transitions such as moving to school or birth of a sibling, using your knowledge of the children to support them
- Carry out respectful care routines such as feeding, nappy changing and dental care
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their Trainer Assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Support children’s numeracy, literacy and language through a range of play activities and opportunities
Weekly wage- £129.
Progression to the Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard.
You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check as part of the employers safer recruitment process.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Time management
No entry qualification required.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Busy Bears
Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice programme,
delivered through Busy Bears Nursery's dedicated training provider, Realise.