Purpose of Post:
To be trained to undertake same responsibilities as a Play Work Assistant.
To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- To work with children
- To comply with all the organisation’s policies and procedures, with specific reference to the Safeguarding Policy, at all times
- To attend training as required, and complete all assignments set
- To work as part of the staff team
- To liaise with mentor
- Work (under supervision) with children in the Setting, to provide all aspects of care and supporting learning opportunities, which may include washing, changing and feeding
- Undertake training to obtain recognised qualifications, including completing assignments on time, and attending all College sessions/tutorials (if applicable)
- Uphold standards within the Setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of Conduct
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Provide adult interaction with children in the Setting
- Know and implement the Setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the Setting
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the highest standards of care are provided
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party – as required
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time
- The trainee’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the Setting’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Look upon the Setting as a "whole" where your help can be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To ensure the Setting is a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold it's standards at all times;
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures
- To be aware of sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the Setting
- To promote and support the Setting’s policies relating to safeguarding of children and young people within the workplace
Progression onto Level 3.
- A good communicator
- Work well within a team
- Confident in your own ability
- Flexible with hours
GCSE passes in English and maths are preferred but not essential.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 12 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 Childcare