The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work alongside teachers to create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and engaging learning environment.
- Support children to access the learning planned by teachers and encourage children to engage in the wider provision.
- Perform a range of tasks linked to the pastoral care of children, such as preparing snacks and supervision of handwashing.
- Manage children’s behaviour in-line with the school’s behaviour policy.
- Take responsibility for their own studies and coursework, ensuring they participate in school-based training and seek guidance when needed.
- Comply with all policies and procedures related to Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
Consideration will be given to the right candidate for future permanent openings at the nursery.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Be able to communicate with children, colleagues and parents in a polite and professional manner.
- Be a proactive team member.
- Be willing to learn, self-evaluate and develop own practice.
- Ability to role model positive attributes and behaviours to children.
- Have a good sense of humour.
- Be punctual.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Be hardworking.
GCSE Maths and English A-C or 4-9 (or equivalent)
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Standard.
This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes.