Parenta have many opportunities available and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 15 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £4.30 from the 1st April 2021, however some settings offer more, with most offering a pay review with potential wage increase upon completion of probation: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
You will have to agree to undergo a check of police records (e.g. a DBS) and be willing to subscribe to the DBS Update Service.
For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking. It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Written, verbal and listening skills
- Friendly and outgoing with a willingness to learn
- Passionate about providing equal opportunity family centred childcare
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with a wide range of people
- Warm, caring and approachable
- Open to change and a team player
No Minimum GCSE requirement
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Work based learning