We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join an experienced and friendly team looking after children from 2 to 5 years within our unique playschool setting based in Ravenstone Leicestershire.
We deliver a play-based curriculum with a strong emphasis on outdoor learning. We take the children off-site daily to experience the natural world around them in a variety of local places.
Practitioners are involved in all elements of planning, assessing and delivering our curriculum as well as the day- to-day tasks that need to be completed within the playschool.
- The Apprentice Nursery nurse is to be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse. To contribute to providing high quality childcare and education appropriate to the age and stage of development of the children. To maintain a safe, secure and caring environment. They perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment. They are learning hands on how to be creative and reflective in their day to day practice and with support of the Manager and Deputy Manager are able to implement new ideas, and ensure all daily routines are adhered to. Alongside this, they will be completing all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To learn the setting’s procedures and protocols to ensure children and staff safety including confidentiality. To appreciate firsthand the importance of positive relationships with parent/carers and how to communicate effectively. The opportunity of training specific to the setting, and also staff meetings and team building activities
- Specifically, to our setting, an apprentice would understand and experience firsthand the importance and significance of learning through outdoor play and the long term benefits this has on both development and mental health
To secure a permanent position within the setting.
- This is an application to study an apprenticeship with the SMB Group (Stephenson Brooksby Melton College). Before being considered for a formal interview with the employer, you will be required to apply and be accessed and have an initial interview by the college
- As an apprentice you can apply for a NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Willingness to learn how to plan and provide age-appropriate activities
- Willingness to learn how to observe, assess and track children’s learning & development
- Suitable to work with young children
- Good organisational skills
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Flexible approach. Commitment to want to work in early years
- Motivated with high energy levels
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent).(If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at)
- Ideally already achieved some early years work experience or been enrolled or studying an early years course
Advanced Early Years Educator Standard.
- In house training by Early Years Tutors
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training