The role involves;
- Providing a high quality of childcare and education, that will be appropriate to the age and stage of development for the children.
- Maintaining a safe, secure and caring environment.
- Performing an important role caring for children and maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment.
- You will receive hands on learning for how to be creative and reflective in your day to day practice.
- With support from the Room Leader you will be able to implement new ideas, and ensure all daily routines are adhered to.
- Alongside this you will be completing all academic aspects of the apprenticeship.
- To secure a permanent position within the setting.
- This is an application to study an apprenticeship with the SMB Group (Stephenson Brooksby Melton College). Before being considered for a formal interview with the employer, you will be required to apply and be accessed and have an initial interview by the college.
- Salary will be reviewed with progression.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Willingness to learn how to plan and provide age-appropriate activities.
- Willingness to learn how to observe, assess and track children’s learning & development.
- Suitable to work with young children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and friendly.
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable.
- Flexible approach.
- Commitment to want to work with early years.
- Motivated with high energy levels
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and Maths (or equivalent).
(If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at)
- In house training by Early Years Tutors.
- Functional skills if necessary.
- On-the-job training.
- Off-the-job training.