What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment both indoors and outdoors at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To understand and work to pre school policies and proceedures
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To liase closely with parents and carers exchanging information and encouraging parent involvement
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years level 2 apprenticeship
- Training will be in the setting
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate there may be progression to Level 3
Reality CheckWe have a free flow setting and are outside in all weathers so the right candidate must be happy in wellies and a rain coat
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness, Empathy, calm and caring, Reliable, enthusiastic, adaptable
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or above) Essential