In line with standard working hours within the industry this vacancy is less than 30 hours per week. The overall duration of the apprenticeship is therefore extended accordingly.
This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career in the childcare sector at Mucktubs.
The role is to work as part of a large team, it requires caring for all the children's care needs alongside assisting with full range of daily duties. We are looking for someone who enjoys spending time with a variety of aged children and is willing to learn all aspect of the job role. In the role of an Early Years Apprentice you are required to train and study towards an Early Years childcare standard. As an apprentice you will be given a mentor in the nursery and a Regional Early Years Trainer, who will support and provide training whilst you are at work.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting children in play and learning activities
- Supporting with observations and planning for children’s development
- Providing care routines
- Supporting staff with daily routines in the setting
- Contribute to the safeguarding of all children
- Build effective relationships with children, staff and parents
- Adhere to the settings policies and procedures
Once the apprenticeship has been completed and passed, this could lead to an permanent position in the nursery. Further training is also available and encouraged to support you as part of your professional development as an Early Years Practitioner.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Whilst on an apprenticeship an apprentice is entitled to an NUS card - found out more here https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk
- The potential candidate needs to have a range of communication skills
- The potential candidate needs to have an interest in early years
- Be motivated
- Punctual at all times
- Use own initiative
- For the job role they need to complete an early years standard
- Have a positive approach to learning.
- Willing to take direction from the childcare team
GCSE or equivalent in maths and English A-C (9-4) is preferred but training in functional skills level 2 is provided.
Level 2 - Early Years Practitioner