If you are passionate about excellence, centred around care, serious about FUN and interested in creativity then FUNdays Club could be for you!
Apprentice for Early Years Educator (Senior Activity Leader).
Our organisation has brands, partnerships and services working across Wiltshire and London. This role is working within our FUNdays Club brand that is much more than a childcare and educational provider for out-of-school hours.
We offer parents a high-quality service led by qualified teaching professionals. Everyone is more than welcome here, by establishing a safe, caring community,
We hope to help children and staff realise their own potential and become the best of themselves. We are all life-long learners here. See our company page: https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Fundays-Club-Ltd.
- Lead a model programme of stimulating Active Play, Enrichment and Core Skills experiences to ensure active participation and equality of opportunity for all children attending under the supervision of the Manager
- Creating activities for children
- Supervising activities
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a person who believes in holistic childhood development who values the enrichment of the mind, body, and heart in children. If you are passionate about excellence, centred around care, serious about FUN and interested in creativity then FUNdays Club could be for you! This video sums up our ideas about creativity:
What we can offer:
Accreditation for Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification; Paid 20% "off the job" time, equivalent to one full day a week, Career development and training pathways, Regular mentoring and development, Further external training courses and development, An inclusive ethos that believes everyone can add to the idea of learning and childcare, An opportunity to be part of our exciting, expanding team.
Permanent employment upon completion.
Entrants are required to have a background in a formal setting working with children and must have good general skills at dealing with children/young people and have the ability to learn and apply new techniques.
By the time the jobholder is fully competent in the job he/she will be operating at NVQ 3 (or equivalent) level with an understanding of children’s different needs and ways of meeting these.
- One years’ experience of working with 4 – 11-year olds in a childcare, education, or formal setting
- Attention to detail
- Good working attitude
- Understanding of the physical, cognitive, imaginative, social, and emotional needs and development of children aged 4-11 years
- Understanding of the play needs of children aged 4-11 years
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop positive relationships with children aged 4-11 years, and members of the staff team
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate work undertaken
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, other agency staff, children, and their parents/carers
- Ability to supervise a small staff team and take charge in the unlikely absence of a line manager
- Ability to work with own initiative and to report on any relevant issues to line manager
- Ability to organise activities which meet the needs of the whole group, paying particular attention to the different and specific developmental needs of all children
- A philosophy of life-long learning and continuous improvement
- NVQ level 2 Playwork, Teaching or relevant childcare qualification
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Paediatric First Aid
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)