What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work as part of our childcare team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment.
- To plan, organise and carry out planned activities and experiences for children
- To settle in new children and provide on-going support, under a key worker system, liaising with parents and maintaining good communications.
- To maintain children’s records and carry out assessments
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy setting
- To respect confidentiality within the setting.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship is a job with training which enables you to earn while you learn.
- The apprentice standard consists of core knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the job role.
- Functional Skills will be achieved, these qualifications are part of the apprenticeships, if not previously gained already.
- Along with the apprenticeship standard, the apprentice will also achieve a Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People's Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position for successful applicant
Reality CheckMust obtain DBS and register on update system
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredNVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass) Desired