- Ensure the safety and well being of all children in your care resulting in the total avoidance of preventable accidents and promoting a feeling of security and satisfaction amongst all parents.
- Caring for the all round daily needs of the children to enhance their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Contribute effectively to the team maintaining a high level of communication throughout the whole nursery.
- To work as an effective part of the Nursery team and maintain good morale, a high reputation both in and outside of the Nursery and ensure all Little Oaks Children’s Nursery standards are met.
- Have a high level of awareness of company policies and procedures and ensure these are carried through in your every-day tasks.
- Include and encourage other student members of staff in their daily activities and development through leading by example.
Child and Parent Care
- As a Key Person Buddy, with direction from Key Person, ensure parents have full satisfaction through appropriate information and feedback.
- Ensure that children in your care are communicated with at their level during play and meal times.
- Settle new starters, ensuring both children and parents feel comfortable and safe. Once settled, ensure that new parents are kept informed of their child’s progress.
- Ensure a high level of personal hygiene is maintained and encouraged with the children.
- Ensure children are tidy, happy and ready for their parents to take home at the end of their session.
- Ensure parents receive daily updates on Elog and verbal communication.
- Respect the wishes of parents to treat any personal information as confidential.
- To be open and welcoming to all parents and children and to direct queries to the Room Leader or Manager/Deputy when required.
Administration and Planning
- Foster social and educational stimulation through following curriculum planning based on age and stages of development within a happy and secure environment.
- Ensure developmental records for each child are kept up to date and accurate, and available for viewing by parents at any time.
- To maintain routines within each area of the Nursery.
- Ensure the room registers and daily sign in sheets are accurately completed.
- To maintain a well organised filing system ensuring information is easily accessible.
- To attend and actively participate proactively in regular room, staff meetings, supervisions and apprasials.
- To maintain a good level of communication to senior management on everyday occurrences within the establishment.
- To ensure you follow company procedures for daily communications to and from parents.
- Report all maintenance requirements to the room leader or manager to ensure their immediate attention.
- Treat all matters concerning the children, parents, staff and business of the Nursery as confidential.
Health and Safety
- Implement all company health and safety procedures to ensure the well being of children and staff within the establishment.
- Ensure you are aware of risk assessments that are carried out to prevent accidents among children, staff, parents and others persons entering the premises and act upon any recommendations given.
- Ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained, by cleaning and sterilising of equipment and recording information as evidence.
- Ensure toys and equipment are looked after, stored safely and correctly.
- Ensure the rooms are left clean and tidy at the end of each day.
- Advise room leader when toys and equipment need repairing or replacing.
- To take part in regular fire drills to ensure you are aware of the procedures.
- To ensure accidents within the establishment are recorded appropriately in accident books and information relayed to your manager or deputy, and then the parents.
This Job Description identifies the principal duties of the post. It does not detail every task. According to the development and the needs of the Nursery, this Job Description will be reviewed and updated periodically in consultation with the post holder.
Early Educator Team Leader
- First Aid
- Passion about the early years and childcare
- Proactive and motivated
- Organised and timely
- Willing to go the extra mile to achieve desired outcomes
Maths and English at Level 4 and above.
- Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required