- Ensure the welfare and safety of children is promoted and report safeguarding issues and concerns to the person in charge
- Support the planning and delivery of purposeful play activities in line with the Early Year Foundation Stage
- Work with parents, colleagues and other agencies to ensure children’s individual needs are met
- Support the children to understand healthy life choices through engaging play activities
- Take an active role in seeking out Continuous Professional Development opportunities during the apprentices programme and beyond
- Use communication and knowledge of child development to engage with children and support those requiring additional support
- Support children who are experiencing transitions such as moving to school or birth of a sibling, using your knowledge of the children to support them
- Carry out respectful care routines such as feeding, nappy changing and dental care
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their Trainer Assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Support children’s numeracy, literacy and language through a range of play activities and opportunities
The weekly wage for this apprenticeship is £129.
At the end of the apprenticeship you will be a highly trained Early Years Educator. Depending on the setting in which you work you could progress onto becoming a room leader or taking on additional specialisms such as Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator or the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check as part of the employers
safer recruitment process.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Time management
Must have a previous Level 2 qualification or 12 months experience in Childcare.
Training ProvidedYour full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Smart Start Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme, delivered through Smart Starts day Nursery dedicated training provider, Realise.