- Plan and carry out child initiated and adult led play activities supporting children’s individual needs and interests
- Provide play activities which encourage and promote children’s numeracy, literacy and language development
- Undertake the role of the key person to help children feel safe, secure and valued
- Carries out observations and use these effectively to understand the changing needs of their individual key children and plan for the interests in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Carry out care routines such as nappy changing, toileting, hand washing and feeding routines with care, respect and compassion
- Work in partnership with other professionals, parents, colleagues and children to meet the individual needs of children
- Ensure the welfare, well-being and safety of children is promoted and report safeguarding issues and concerns to the person in charge
- Take an active role in seeking out Continuous Professional Development opportunities during the apprentices programme and beyond
- Support children who are experiencing transitions such as moving to school or birth of a sibling, using your knowledge of the children to support them
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their Trainer Assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Work in a non-discriminatory way to ensure all children have equal access to opportunities
Weekly Wage- £172.
- At the end of the apprenticeship you will be a highly trained Early Years Educator. Depending on the setting in which you work you could progress onto becoming a room leader or taking on additional specialisms such as Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator or the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check as part of the employers safer recruitment process
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Time management
- Level 2 qualification in Childcare or at least 12 months experience
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Busy Bears Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice programme, delivered through Busy Bears Nursery's dedicated training provider, Realise.