Duties will include:
- Responsible for key children
- Support children’s learning and development by providing stimulating activities, planning, observing, and considering the next steps of development for each child
- Completing relevant paperwork and assessments under the EYFS framework
- Become competent with understanding and using the EYFS framework/standards
- Liaising with parents and building relationships as their child’s key worker
- Taking instructions and guidance from room leaders and other senior nursery practitioners
To progress onto become a qualified level 3 practitioner.
- Good communication skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Must have some experience of working with children
- Curious with a have a go attitude
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to work alongside others
- Accept and use feedback to further own development.
- Willing to go the extra mile to give the children the best possible experiences
- Keen to learn
- Passion and enthusiasm – we can teach what we do, but we can’t teach this
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred.
Level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent).
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Knighton Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme delivered through Knighton Day Nurseries dedicated training provider, Realise.