To support the classroom teacher with their responsibility for the development and education process by providing care and supervision to children including those who have special physical, emotional and educational needs.
In this role you could be:
- Planning and preparing activities and materials
- Setting out activities before classes and tidying up afterwards
- Speaking to parents and carers about their children’s development
- Monitoring children’s progress, and identifying and dealing with any issues
At Moseley Primary School we are strongly committed to the development of our employees. Over the past 8 years we have had many apprentices all of whom have gone on to find full time employment. Many of our apprentices have been employed within the school and gone on to complete further qualifications to develop further.
- Confident building and maintaining relationships with young children
- Works well with other people
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks set
- Able to work using own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken or written form
We are looking for someone with the following qualities.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Enjoy working with children
- High expectations
- Sense of humour
- Team player
- GCSE English and Maths is desirable but not essential
- Being able to demonstrate good spoken and written English is essential
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Impact training