This is an exciting opportunity to join an Ofsted rated Outstanding setting.
You will work with the team to provide quality learning experiences for all children in our care, based on each child's individual interests. You will be based on our playroom, where you will spend time engaging with the children and providing exciting learning opportunities using an 'in-the-moment' approach, and follow our daily routines.
- To work with the team to deliver a programme of age appropriate activities which are geared towards individual children’s development using the EYFS and children’s interests.
- To ensure confidentiality within the setting at all times.
- To ensure safeguarding standards are met at all times.
- To work as a team; to share good practice with other practitioners when required.
- Participating in a variety of tasks which help the nursery to run smoothly i.e. help prepare snack, clean equipment, change children’s nappies/clothes when required etc.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a child who is upset or unwell.
- Upholding the nursery’s standards and rules at all times, whilst promoting the aims and objectives of the setting.
- Understanding and adhering to the setting’s policies and procedures at all times.
Additional duties may include:
- Recording teaching, learning and development of key children and to assess and report termly, highlighting next steps and targets for each child.
- Working alongside the parents of all the children including children with additional needs, to successfully integrate them into nursery.
- Encouraging parent involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships.
- Helping ensure our high quality environment meets the needs of individual children from other cultural or religious backgrounds, and ensure that all activities are inclusive for all children to take part in.
- Helping to keep attendance registers up to date.
- Taking payments of fees.
- Recording accidents and incidents using the correct format and ensuring all forms are countersigned by another member of staff, and by the parent/carer concerned.
- Recording any safeguarding issues or concerns correctly, ensuring all forms are countersigned by the Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensuring all children are collected in strict accordance to the setting’s arrival and collection policy, and implementing passwords where necessary.
- Ensuring no child is left unsupervised at any time.
- Administering 1st aid if required providing you are suitably trained.
- Helping children with their physical exercise.
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the management team.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship may lead to an offer of a permanent position within the setting, or progression onto Level 3 Early Years Educator if needed.
Although sometimes challenging, this role will leave you feeling a sense of satisfaction when you see the children in your care grow and develop. You should have a passion for childcare and be willing to spend long periods of time playing and having fun with the children. The role is term time only, plus up to 5 PD (Professional Development) days per year. This role can be adapted to suit a Level 3 apprenticeship if you already have a Level 2 qualification in Early Years.
The ability to get down to a child's level and engage in their play is a vital part of this role. Having fun and making each child's time at nursery as enjoyable as possible is a must.
Being able to work in a small, close-knit team is important however, you will need to use initiative and often think on your feet.
A thirst for knowledge and willingness to undertake any in-house training is important.
These are attributes that the children need to see every day in the nursery:
- Fun - enjoy gets 'stuck-in' and doesn't mind getting messy.
- At least GCSE grade C/4 in English or equivalent qualification is essential.
- At least GCSE grade C/4 in maths or equivalent qualification is desired.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship.