The successful candidate must have a passion to work with children and assist with their development, be willing to come up with planning ideas, be creative and confident and also be able to step outside their comfort zone.
To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff.
To assist in the keeping of development records and observations, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures.
To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by senior managers.
To work as part of that team and contribute positively to the staff team. To provide a role model of good practice to other members of staff.
To cover any other staff responsibilities as appropriate at the request of the Manager, particularly taking into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children, and that the child's care and welfare is paramount at all times.
- Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship Programme career development will be available.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Have good communication skills
- Ability to work in team
- Love children!
- Enjoy and value play
- Be self motivated
- Have empathy
- GCSE grades 4 (C) or above are required for this role.
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- On completion of this [12 month + 2 month EPA] month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Early Years Practitioner Level 2