We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic level 3 childcare apprentice. You would be working Monday to Friday 30 hours per week, between the hours of 0730 hrs and 1800 hrs. Working hours will change based on demand. The vacancy involves a paid day’s college-based study.
- Caring for children of all ages from 3 months -11 years old
- Hosting and assisting in activities, day trips, breakfast, lunch and dinner duties with the children
- Assist with classwork and learning
- Completing child observations and paperwork for their development files
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Following health and safety and safeguarding guidelines
- Assisting the business owner with her day to day duties
- Reporting back to parents
Progression into employment if applicable.
- Knowledge of EYFS curriculum
- Good level of written and IT skills
- Ability to work to own initiative
- We are looking for a very reliable person
- The job involves child to adult ratios, so we need a member of staff with good time keeping skills and commitment to the job
Maths and English GCSE grade 4 (A-C) or above (or equivalent).
Prior experience of working with children.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator)
- Functional Skills in ICT (where applicable)
- Functional skills in maths and English (where applicable)