Duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting families
- Listening to children’s stories of awe and wonder
- Getting messy
- Reading stories
- Cleaning up after meals, with a smile on your face
- Singing songs whilst carrying out caring duties
- Making the ordinary exciting and interesting
- Coming up with new teaching ideas with your team
- Completing observations and snapshots of learning
We will look after you and your professional development by offering birthdays off, bonuses for 100% attendance, discounted childcare fees, fantastic training opportunities and great career progression (our nursery managers aren’t appointed, they are nurtured and grown).
- A proven record of outstanding attendance
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to complete assigned training on time
- To take direction and instruction with a smile on your face
- To research teaching ideas independently and present them to your team
- To be able to think on your feet and spot a job that needs to be done
- To communicate effectively and clearly with the children in your care
- To be of a smiley pleasant disposition, keen to learn and develop
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
A qualification in Childcare would be looked upon favourably.
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.