While working for Kindergarten Kids as an Early Years Apprentice you will also be completing your Level 2 childcare apprenticeship qualification to learn and develop within the sector. Your working week will be divided to ensure you have plenty of time to complete your apprenticeship coursework and have a sound understanding of your theory elements.
Your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Follow daily routines
- Promote good health and hygiene
- Work to a daily cleaning routine in each department
- Help to implement plans and activities
- Help to observe and monitor the children’s well being and development
- Help to write daily contact books (if applicable)
- Buddy a key group
- Assist with the preparation of meals for the children
- Assist in the general cleaning
Your working week will consist of 30-36 hours and will be based on shift work.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there could be progression opportunities to complete your Level 3 early years qualification and once enough experience is gained you will have the potential to become a room leader.
DBS [Disclosure & Barring Service] will be applied for
30 to 36 hours divided between 7.30am and 6.30pm 4 to 5 days a week
We offer a variety of training
Pension is available and subject to criteria
- Have a great passion for working with children
- Good social and communication skills
- Able to work in a team
- Be happy and positive outlook
- Organised and flexible
There are no industry related qualifications required prior to starting this apprenticeship.
You will be assigned a workplace mentor who will support you with your day to day development within the sector and nursery and a HIT Training Personal Tutor who will regularly visit and contact to support you with various apprenticeship modules and assignments.
Modules will include:
- Level 2 Childcare Qualification
- First Aid
- Food and hygiene
- Fire awareness
- Manuel handling
- Have access to online training