What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the teams with various different social media channels, ensuring content is relevant and up to date. Research additional digital channels, content and opportunities.
- Support the effective operation of the centre’s Reception area including supporting access and egress, recording access of centre user/visitors/contractors in the appropriate electronic or paper systems.
- Liaise and support young people who present themselves at the site during a time when they are in distress or in difficult circumstances. A supportive approach is required until the appropriate support worker attends to support their needs.
- Support the promotion of the services using a range of options, which includes print, digital and the Orange Box social media channels to maximise usage of the site and income generation.
- Promote the Orange Box’s digital accounts, recommend best practice and engagement tactics to constantly improve content and management of social media, including gathering, producing, and posting content through medium such as photographs, video, and digital print.
- Ensure that literature in and around the building is current, relevant and appropriate.
- Support the production of reports on various uses/functions of the facility for statistical, financial and promotional means.
- Support the efficient running of private hire bookings within the building through responding to customer queries, scheduling room hires, setting up spaces, occasional technical support and refreshments.
- Point of contact for tenants, room hires and council staff including logging complaints, issues, repair requests etc and to liaise with the Operations Manager where required.
- Liaise with Business Support in relation to purchasing of goods, processing invoices and raising of invoices linked to income generation for the site / service. This needs to be on a regular basis to ensure we maximise income.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Business Administration Level 3 Qualification.
- Workplace Learning
- Provided with a 1:1 Tutor
- Day release delivery (off the job training)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship programme, it is anticipated that you will be employment ready, and will be given the opportunity to apply for any available permanent employment opportunities within the Council.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Creative, Social Media
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C / 5 or above) Essential